BoatTrader.com: A Voyage Through Time
BoatTrader.com, is a Miami-based online platform specializing in marine classifieds, tailored specifically for the American market. This digital haven for boating enthusiasts made its maiden voyage onto the World Wide Web in 1991.
A Snapshot of the Journey:
- Boat Trader first hoisted its sail in 1991 by launching magazines. Spawning offices in over 40 cities across the United States.
- 1996 marked the digital growth of the company with the introduction of BoatTraderOnline.com. An integral part of the TraderOnline.com network, which was a descendant of Trader Publishing Co.
- In a strategic partnership formed in September 2004, NADAguides.com incorporated BoatTraderOnline.com as its exclusive boat classifieds collaborator.
- Further growth was seen in December 2005 with the launch of SailBoatTraderOnline.com, a brainchild of BoatTraderOnline.com.
- By 2009, BoatTrader successfully transitioned its audience from print to digital through BoatTrader.com. Amalgamating marine sites such as BoatTraderOnline.com, SailBoatTraderOnline.com and YachtTraderOnline.com.
- June 2009 witnessed a groundbreaking alliance, as Yamaha and BoatTrader.com began an advertising program.
- A significant consolidation in May 2011 saw BoatTrader.com merging with the YachtWorld.com and boats.com brands. A new conglomerate was formed: Dominion Marine Media.
- In a strategic move in June ’17, Boat Trader and Boats Group decided to dock their headquarters in Miami, Florida.
- In a groundbreaking move in April ’22, Boat Trader charted new territories by launching the award-winning TV show. “Stomping Grounds” featuring local boaters and celebs from across America on various streaming platforms.
A Global Goliath from Humble Origins
Today, BoatTrader.com is helmed by global investment power house, Permira, which has a hefty collection of €77 billion committed capital. From their humble origins as part of Schroders in 1985. Permira has made its way to become one of the largest buyout experts in the world. Investing in over 300 companies worldwide.